Richmond Desmond Children’s Eye Centre
The world famous Moor fields Eye Hospital in central London opened a new building specifically for the care of children’s eyes. As part of this building a central patient’s records area was created within the basement of the building.
MS Storage designed and installed a high density mobile shelving system for records which provided the maximum storage capacity possible within the floor space provided. Designed in conjunction with the Medical Records staff, the system whilst providing high density storage allowed staff to quickly and effectively retrieve and replace records.
The system accommodates well over 100,000 records within a central location. The project had to overcome several design issues, from low ceiling height’s to air conditioning ducting throughout the area which we overcame with isometric pitching of the shelving bays.
- High Density Mobile Storage system
- Maximising the storage capacity within the floor space
- Isometric Shelving Bays to allow for ducting works.
- Restricted Access issues given Central London location
- Timed delivery and installation
- Complete Design Consultation and Project Management throughout